The Victoria Hotel stood at the junction of Station Road and Higher Road from 1872 until 1966. This depiction is before toilets were added to the front, accessed by steps leading below
ground level. The pub was demolished to make way for the Victoria Parade, where a replacement was built. The old building replaced the Duke of York, which made way for the railway.